Thursday, May 12, 2016

Ajamila 's Predicament

Who are you? On the deathbed, Ajamila asked
Angels! Those silver creatures answered
Why are you carrying me?
Heaven!
I haven’t done anything to deserve heaven
You chanted the name of Lord
No, I didn’t
Didn’t you called ‘Lord’ just before dying?
Oh! But ‘Lord’ is the name of my good-for-nothing son, Ajamila explained

You’re making some mistake
When Ajamila challenged Angels
Angels stopped midway between earth and heaven
And made a call to Yama
Yama as usual was busy so he put them on hold

In the meantime, Ajamila spoke
If you drop me from right here, I will happilly land in hell
Why don’t you want to go heaven? Angels asked him
All my life I haven’t done a single thing scriptures told me to do
Never did anything for anybody
Remained selfish throughout my life
Even at the deathbed, I was asking my son for some water

You will have riches of life in heaven. Angels tried to pursued him
Riches never satisfied my hunger on earth
Why do i need them again?

This would be your chance to live with people close to Lord. Angels tried again
How can I live without the company of people like me?
People who never put in guilt of doing something and
Never told me to do anything for the future benefits
Told me to concentrate on living in present
People who never bothered to change me and
Loved me for who I was
How will find them in heaven?

No comments: