Friday, February 12, 2016

Rama O Rama

Neither were you picked up from the furrow
Nor I have broken the bow
Lovely bickering of yours got me hooked
I keep staring at the bird
Of ambition which took you away
A sea filled with deadly serpents
Stretched between us
No ten-headed demon is
Scarier than wounded ego
Seed of ruin has been sowed
Planted with tears  
Fed with fertilizer of guilt
A tree took shape
Under which
I took the refuge
No monkey could help me
If your phone is always busy
By stroke of luck
Distance between us were erased
Yet you shied away from family
And I wanted to hug mine
Either you had a young mind
Or I had grown insane
I felt we’re still in different time zone
The bitterness of the fruit
I ate when I was alone
Still lingers
You were never asked
To prove your virginity
Yet I became a folk song
People keep singing

No comments: