Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Parasite


Parasite draws blood
With its long proboscis
Creating new wounds
Leaving old ones unattended
I become cold and bitter
Yet unaccepting to the fact
That I have been infected
To kick me into awareness
A wave of chill brings back
Complimentary hallucination
On the back of my eyelids
Play decades of memories
In less than an hour
How parasite had bitten
When I least expected it
Not only after rainy season
I kick off the blankets
Covered like a mound over me
I get up with my body in tears
Crying over loss of what
We have shared
Out of nowhere
Emptiness shrouds over me
I am fine, I say when people ask
As if nothing has really happened
Yet my breath warm like the smell
Of an old man and his clothes
I have been following on stairs
This is when it occurs to me that
It is I who have been following
The mosquito in hope to get
Bitten once again to live the dream

No comments: